Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Honors History 10: First Blog

Hi, I'm Kelvin Hoyt and I am a sophomore at Reading Memorial High School.  This blog is for my Honors History 10 class and also my first time blogging.  In history this year our teacher is going paper-free and everything is electronic.  I like this better because I don't have to worry about keeping track of another binder and all the handouts because it's online.  I am looking forward to this year.  Here is my first blog.


I think that there are many different qualities of being a great teacher, however I think that there are a couple of qualities that are most important.  The most important qualities of being a great teacher is that they are fun, helpful, open to new ideas and willing to try new things.  A great teacher's class would be fun, not necessarily laid back or easy, but fun and enjoyable.  Also, teachers need to be helpful and listen to the student's needs and what works best for them.  The last quality relates to what we are doing in History now, by going paperless and doing everything electronically.  It's good to try new things and not do everything the same old way, it's good to have a change.  My fourth grade teacher was one of my favorite teachers.  She knew how to have fun in class while getting work done.  She was also very helpful to all of the students and she knew the best way for everyone to learn.




I agree with what John Green said about students duties in his Returning to School letter.  It is our duty to use the education we get to do great things.  I think that it is every student's duty to invent and innovate new and better things to make every day life easier and also make the world a better place.  We all definitely have the potential to do great things but we need to put the time and effort in to make it happen.
My academic goals for this year is to get straight A's and B's.  Last year it was a big change from middle school to high school and I didn't feel like I was prepared, but hopefully this year I am more prepared and will do better than I did Freshman year.  My athletic goals are to get a varsity letter in track, both winter and spring.  Last year I got to run in varsity meets however I missed getting a varsity letter by 3 points, so this year I am going to try and get the varsity letter.  I am going to reach my academic goal by studying more than I did last year, also becoming more organized and I can't procrastinate.  For my athletic goal, I need to go to every practice I can during the season and in the off-season I need to work out and become stronger and get into better shape.  All of this probably won't be easy but I have the potential to do it, I just need to put the time and effort in.

No comments:

Post a Comment